BUMPIN BLACK EYE PEAS™March 20, 2016
EYE CANDY YAMS™March 20, 2016
I’m talking about greens so good that you will gulp down the leftover juices from the pot! True food for the Hip-Hop Soul.
- 4 pounds collard greens cleaned
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 pounds smoked turkey neck (chopped, optional)
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium seasoning salt
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
In large pot combine smoked chopped turkey necks (optional) and onion. Add oil to pot and cook at medium heat. Add 10 cups of water to pot, cut greens in half and add to mixture. Add seasoning salt, black pepper and baking soda. Note: Baking soda will keep the greens from becoming chewy. Boil for 30 minutes, reduce to low heat and cook for 2-3 hours. Continue to add water as needed.